|Home||About Gopher Athletics||
• The Twin Cities metro area has a population of over 2.5 million and is the nation’s 14th-largest media market
• Minneapolis was named the “Most Fun City in America” by Money Magazine’s “Best Places to Live”
• Men’s Fitness ranked Minneapolis as the “Most Athletic City” in 2006. The magazine annually ranks Minneapolis as one of the “Fittest” cities, including a No. 4 ranking in 2007.
• The Twin Cities boast all four major sports franchises (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB)
• The Twin Cities are home to 130 art galleries and 35 museums
• 20 Fortune 500 companies are located in the Twin Cities
• Cooking Light named Minneapolis the fourth-best American city that best fit a philosophy to eat smart, be fit, and live well.
• A 2004 University of Wisconsin-Whitewater study revealed Minneapolis as the “Most Literate City” in America
• Entrepreneur ranked the Twin Cities as the No. 1 large city for entrepreneurs
• Population Connection ranked Minneapolis as the fifth-best “kid friendly” large city
• Kiplinger’s rated Minneapolis No. 2 on its “50 Smart Places To Live” list
• Minnesota has been ranked as the healthiest state by United Health Foundation for three straight years
• Men’s Journal rated the Twin Cities as one of the “50 Best Places To Live” in 2006
• Five Minnesota hospitals, led by Mayo Clinic, made U.S. News & World Report's 2005 lists of the nation's top hospitals.
• The largest enclosed mall in the country, the Mall of America
• Second-most theater seats per capita behind New York City
• More golfers per capita than any city in the country
• Over 52 blocks of downtown Minneapolis are connected by skyway