|Home||About Gopher Athletics||
• Computer lab with more than 40 computers
• A quiet study area
• The Learning Center with four computers, tutor rooms and Learning Specialists
• The Gopher Getaway lounge which includes:
• 50-inch flat screen TV
• Six computers available for e-mail, Facebook, MySpace or general web surfing
• Tables and chairs for eating and socializing
• 10 tutor rooms or classrooms
• The University of Minnesota is ranked among the top six public research universities in the nation, according to a recent study by the University of Florida.
• The University’s Twin Cities campus offers more than 160 majors for undergraduates. The University has 17 different colleges.
• University departments, such as geography, psychology, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, management information systems, and economics rank among the top 10 in the nation, according to the National Research Council.
• A record 258 Minnesota student-athletes were named Academic All-Big Ten during the 2008-09 academic year.
• 447 U of M student-athletes maintained a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or better during the spring semester of the 2008-09 academic year.
• Tutors are available for many different subjects Sunday through Thursday evenings.
• You can also make an individual appointment with a tutor.
7-10 p.m., Sunday-Thursday: Focuses on needs of the first-year student-athlete. Individual writing assistance and group tutoring in the most common math and science courses are scheduled nightly.
Learning Groups-Focus Groups each semester address particular needs, i.e. transition, probation, international student issues, math anxiety, or assist with a particular class, often a self-paced course. A Learning Specialist facilitates the weekly or biweekly meeting.